Are you coming to Sardinia to learn kitesurfing and to improve your kite skills and you are looking for a great kite spot? Would you need a suitable kite spot for all your family or friends with different kitesurf levels? Are you looking for Kitesurfing Flat Water? Punta Trettu is the right kite beach for you!
Punta Trettu kitesurfing Flat Water
Location of Punta Trettu Sardinia
Located in the south west of the famous island of Sardinia, in Italy, Punta Trettu is exactly opposite to the Town of San’Antioco located on the homonymous island. Part of the district of San Giovanni Suergiu, the next big City is Cagliari, the capital of Sardinia, an hour away by car from Punta Trettu.
Punta Trettu is a tip (“Punta”) that faces straight ahead (“Trettu” in Sardinian, “Dritta” in Italian) to the island of Sant’Antioco.
- Continent: Europe
- Country: Italy
- Region: Sardinia
- Nearest Village: Matzaccara
- NearestTown: San Giovanni Suergiu
- Nearest Big City: Cagliari
- Nearest Airport: Cagliari-Elmas
The Kite Spot of Punta Trettu Sardinia
Punta Trettu is considered one of the best kitesurf spot of whole Europe! In fact, with shallow and flat water and steady winds, Punta Trettu is considered a kitesurf paradise.
Although the Kite Spot of Punta Trettu is considered by many a lagoon because it’s almost closed on all sides, but sea water is current. Suffice it to think that marine currents have created a deep natural channel to allow boats to navigate (important: in boat channel is not allowed to kitesurf! Respect the kite zones, have a look at the Punta Trettu Maps here).
- Type of Kite spot: Like a Lagoon
- Required Kite Level: Beginner
- Kite Zones: In Punta Trettu there are specific areas where is allowed to kitesurf. Check the Kite Zones in Punta Trettu here.
- Type of water: Shallow, Flat
- Quality of the Water: clear
- Best Tide: Tide independent
- Time from the parking to the kite spot: 5 minutes by walk
- Rules, advice, Notices: Learn and respect the few simple rules, advice, notices present in Punta Trettu. Click here to know them.
Winds in Punta Trettu Sardinia
In Punta Trettu, the wind blows steadily along the bay all year round.
The predominant wind is the Mistral, wind blowing from North-West. Thanks to the favorable geographical situation of Punta Trettu, expecially during the spring and summer season, the thermal wind can accelerated the Mistral even 5 – 10 knows more than what is expected by the windguru forecasts.
The Scirocco, wind blowing from South East, and the Levante, wind from Est enter clear in Punta Trettu.
The Ponente, wind from West, and the Libeccio work as well from Spring to Autumn.
- Wind Type: Thermal, atmospheric perturbation
- Best Direction: NW, W, SE, E
- Predominant Direction: NW
- Best Months for kitesurfing: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Kitesurf Scools in Punta Trettu Sardinia
In Punta Trettu you can find some Kite Schools that offer kite services like Kite lessons, Kite Repair services, kite Rental and Rescue.
These Kite Schools, as the Punta Trettu Kite Center Sardinia, offer you the possibility relax and grab a snack, a coffee or a beer, and get to know each other. There are outdoor showers, bathrooms, and wireless.
How to Get in Punta Trettu
Only if you are in Matzaccare you can go by walk or by bike. In all the other cases, to get in Punta Trettu you need a car. in fact, at the moment, there is not Pubblic transportation to get there.
To check to exact way to get in Punta Trettu Sardinia, have a look at the below map.