Punta Trettu, in the South West of Sardinia, is becoming always more famous as perfect spot for kitesurfing: almost closed on all sides, Punta Trettu looks like a lagoon and has flat water, shallow water and high percentage of steady windy days. For those reasons Punta Trettu is considered a Paradise for Kitesurfing, the best kite spot in Sardinia and one of the best kite spot all over the world, perfect both for beginners and advanced! Although in the area of Punta Trettu there are almost no swimmers due to the shallow water and winds, kitesurfing is allowed only at Punta Trettu Kite Beach. Let’s see in this post which are the Rules, the Tips and the Advices for kitesurfing at the Kite Spot of Punta Trettu Kite Beach.
Kite Zones at the Kite Spot of Punta Trettu
At Punta Trettu Kite Beach, due to the regulations of the Coast Guard and to the presence of a boat channel to connect the harbor of Sant’Antioco to the open sea, Kitesurfing is only allowed in two zones:
- one kite zone for the official Kite schools of Punta Trettu,
- one kite zone for independent kiters.
The video and in the image below show the Kite zones of Punta Trettu.
Rules and advices for kitesurfing in Punta Trettu
To Kitesurf safely and in respect of local regualtions and people, there are some rules to be followed in Punta Trettu. Let’s see what they are:
- Kite Zones: Kitesurfing is only allowed in the two Kite Zones showed above. Kite zones have to be respected in order to avoid the risk of incurring a heavy fine, and in order to respect the local people and the official kite schools of Punta Trettu. Important: kitesurfing is not allowed in the boat channel and on the beach near the harbor.
- RC to third parties: kitesurfing at Punta Trettu Kite Beach is free. However, Italian law requires that each person who do kitesurfing in Italy has an RC to third parties. If you don’t have one, you can do one in the official kite schools of Punta Trettu.
- Shallow water: the shallow water of Punta Trettu can help kitesurfers who can stand up and relax while learning kitesurf or kitesurfing, without losing a lot of energy. In any case, the areas where the water is very low can be really dangerous because in case of a fall there is a risk of serious injuries to the ankles, knees and other parts of the body. Do Kitesurf only in authorized kite areas and avoid the very shallow water.
- Toilet: At Punta Trettu Kite Beach there are not toilets. If you need a toilet, use the toilet to the official Kite Schools e.g Punta Trettu Kite Center Sardinia. Respect other people, don’t do your needs in the trees and on the beach of Punta Trettu!
- Dogs: for the Italian law dogs can access only to the dog beaches. It is forbidden to dogs to access to free beaches during the bathing season. Only police dogs, rescue dogs and guide dogs are always allowed to enter at the beaches.