Punta Trettu , in the South West of Sardinia, is becoming always more famous as perfect kite beach because its incredible conditions for kitesurfing. Almost closed on all sides, Punta Trettu looks like a lagoon and has flat water, shallow water and high percentage of steady windy days. For those reasons Punta Trettu is considered a paradise for kitesurfing, the best kite spot in Sardinia and one of the best kite spot all over the world, perfect both for beginners and advanced!
: shallow flat water, and steady winds of Mistral, Scirocco, Ponente and Levante make this place a paradise of Kitesurf
Kite Zones in Punta Trettu
Although in the area of Punta Trettu there are almost no swimmers due to the shallow waters and steady winds usually tense, kitesurfing is allowed only at Punta Trettu Kite Beach. Here at Punta Trettu Kite Beach, due to the regulations of the Coast Guard and to the presence of a boat channel, Kitesurfing is only allowed in two zones:
- one kite zone allowed to Kite schools,
- one kite zone for independent kiters.
You can see a map of different zones in the video and in the image below.
Rules and advices for kitesurfing in Punta Trettu
Even though Punta Trettu is a kite spot, there are some rules that must be respected in order to respect local people and kite schools.
- Kite Zones: do Kitesurf only in the allowed Kite Zones, in order to avoid the risk of incurring a heavy fine and in order to respect the locals and the people who work in Punta Trettu. Important: kitesurfing is not allowed in the boat channel and on the beach in front of the harbor.
- RC to third parties: do kitesurfing at Punta Trettu Kite Beach is free. However, Italian law requires that each person who do kitesurfing in Italy has an RC to third parties. If you don’t have one, you can go to one of the schools in Punta Trettu and take out one.
- Shallow water: the shallow water of Punta Trettu can help kitesurfers who can get up and relax while learning kitesurf or kitesurfing, without losing a lot of energy. In any case, the areas where the water is very low can be really dangerous because in the event of a fall there is a risk of serious injuries to the ankles, knees and other parts of the body. Kitesurf only in authorized kite areas and avoid too shallow water.
- Toilet: at Punta Trettu Kite Center there are free public toilets. Respect others, don’t do your needs in the trees and on the beach!
- Dogs: Italian law allows the dogs to access only to the dog beaches. and prohibits te access to the it free beaches during the bathing season. Only police dogs, rescue dogs and guide dogs are allowed to enter at the beach.